Monday, May 2, 2011

Lemon-Cream Cheese Cupcakes

Yesterday was a rainy and very gloomy May 1st. However, my day got brighter when I got to spend the afternoon with my good friend, Hannah, and her sweet little Tucker. We watched movies, did nails, played with the baby, and mostly importantly, made some ROCKIN' cupcakes! Several friends have asked me about this recipe, so here it is. (Thanks for typing it out for me, Hannah!)...


Lemon-Cream Cheese Cupcakes

1 pkg. (2 layer size) white cake mix

1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Jello lemon flavor instant pudding

1 cup water

4 egg whites

2 Tbsp. Oil

1 pkg. Cream cheese (softened)

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter (softened)

2 tbsp. Lemon juice

1 pkg. (16 oz) powdered sugar


Heat oven 350F. Beat the first 5 ingredients in bowl with mixer (batter will be thick). Spoon into 24 muffin cups. Bake 21 to 24 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove and finish cooling. For icing: Beat cream cheese, butter, and juice. Gradually add sugar. Beat on low until smooth. Spread on cupcakes. *Optional: add lemon zest to the icing.


{I found the recipe at http://www.kraftrecipes.com}

Enjoy! We sure did!




{These are our happy faces after tasting the first batch!}






{Here is sweet Tucker. He is getting so big. He is learning to sit up on his own!}


I had such a fun day with Tucker and his mom! :)







2 comments:

  1. hahaha i love that pic of T-man and you failed to mention that i typed those directions on my phone! lol they were soo yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I still can't believe you typed out the whole thing on your phone. You have sooo much more patience than me! :)

    ReplyDelete