Thursday, September 8, 2011

Peru, Here I Come!

I can't believe it's finally here! I leave for Peru in less than 48 hours!!! Thank you so much to everyone who has provided gifts, supplies, and money to make this trip possible. Words could never say how much I appreciate your generosity! I would like to ask one more thing of you all. Please lift me up. Lift up our team. Lift up the people who we will come into contact with along our journey.

Several people have asked me about specific things to pray for. Below, you will find a daily prayer guide. I know I can speak for our entire team when I say that we greatly covet your prayers!

September 10 - Pray for safe travel to Miami, then onto Lima.

September 11 - Pray for the leadership staff members whom we will meet today. They keep the heartbeat of Compassion going in Peru.

September 12 - Pray for the Compassion Child Survival Program and the child developement centers. We will work with them today. Pray for our team throughout the week as we serve the children in VBS-type services each day. I will be serving on the worship team. (I'm pretty stoked!)

September 13 - Pray for the Leadership Developement Program students of Peru today.

September 14 & 15 - Pray for our team as we serve the local families and Compassion centers. The work we do is for the purpose of being God's hands and feet to His people.

September 16 - Pray for me as I meet Josselyn today! It will be one of the most exciting days of the trip - when we see each other for the first time! Pray also for our team as we share in a Peruvian church service and join together for corporate worship.

September 17 - Pray for our team as we depart Lima early in the morning. I will fly to Miami and then back to DFW.


Thank you, dear friends, for lifting me up during this very special time. I cannot wait to share my memories (and photos) with you!

Much love!

1 comment:

  1. How do I follow you, silly? It's not showing up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete