Friday, March 9, 2012

Peru Mission, Numero Dos!

I'll be heading back to Lima, Peru on Sunday morning. I'm not going with Compassion International this time, but instead with Cottonwood Creek's Denison Campus (my sister's and brother-in-law's church), through the Eric Fuller Evangelistic Assocciation, Inc. We will be serving in a much different way than our group did back in September. Below is a schedule and prayer guide for all of my prayer warriors to use.

Sunday, March 11th - Depart DFW and fly to Atlanta and then onto Lima. Pray for us as we travel.

Monday, March 12th - We will begin the day with team orientation. Pray for the hearts of our team members, that God will give us strength and wisdom as we begin the week. After that, we will do door-to-door evangelism and a home Bible Study. Pray now for the homes that we will visit. That God will soften thier hearts and make them receptive to the Word that we will bring, and that He will stir within them and give them a desire to know Him.

Tuesday, March 13th - We will have a worship service at the First Baptist Churh in the Bocanegra area mid-morning. Then, we will spend the afternoon doing street evangelism in a new community. Again, pray for the hearts of everyone who will hear about Jesus. Some, even for the first time.

Wednesday, March 14th - We will begin the day with more street evangelism with the Frist Baptist Church in New Pachacutec. In the afternoon, we will have a home Bible Study. Pray for everyone who attends.

Thursday, March 15th - We will be sharing the Gospel and speaking at two different locations today. In the morning, we will be at New Pachacutec School, and in the afternoon, we will be at Bocanegra School. Pray for the children who will hear the Good News that we bring!

Friday, March 16th - We will leave Lima VERY early (12:25 a.m.). We will fly back to Atlanta, and then onto DFW. We are scheduled to arrive around 11:00 a.m. Pray that our team is able to rest on the flights as we prepare to be back home with our families. Quite often, it can be a hard adjustment coming back home - at least it is for me. Every time I go on a mission trip, I struggle with going back home. I always feel like I'm leaving part of my heart behind.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited about this trip. My answer is always, "YES! I can't wait!" And even though that is the truth, it's hard to put into words how I'm feeling about this trip. Part of me is a little nervous. Not about the flight or leaving the country or anything. Just a little nervous about door-to-door evangelism. I struggle with rejection, so I'm praying hard that God will open the hearts of everyone we talk to. However, a bigger part of me feels like I'm going home! Peru has had a very special place in my heart for years, and I can't wait to be back there!

Thank you, again, to everyone who is praying for my team and me. You are missionaries, too! I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I want you to know that I have been praying with you about Peru for several years now, and will continue to do so. I'm praying that God will open doors, and that he will take advantage of your availability and servant heart in big and mighty ways this week.

    ReplyDelete